Ivy HIll Park HIstory

The Ivy Hill area had been part of the South Orange Township known as Maplewood until 1890 when the city of Newark bought this land. Ivy Hill Park has 18 acres and was purchased by the Essex County Parks Commission in 1927 from the City of Newark. The impetus for park construction was recreation needs in Maplewood, South Orange, and Irvington as well as the needs of Newark. 

Field Directory

Locations

Ivy Hill Park

Ivy Hill Park Newark New Jersey United States 07106

(Last updated 03/12/22 at 07:36 PM )

View Directions

IH 1

(Last updated 03/12/22 at 07:35 PM )

IH 2

(Last updated 01/27/20 at 01:32 PM )

IH 3

(Last updated 04/20/19 at 01:44 PM )

Local Sponsors